DAY 01: Arrival - Hanoi
Welcome to Hanoi, we will meet and take you to your hotel, check-in and today is free at your leisure to rest or explore, discovering your own first impressions of Vietnam. Overnight in Hanoi.
DAY 02: Hanoi City Tour(B / L / -)
In the morning, visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (open in the morning only and closed Mondays and Fridays), his Former Residence and Temple of Literature – the first University in Vietnam as well as the capital of Vietnam about 1000 years ago.
In the afternoon, visit the nearby handicraft villages such as the pottery and silk weaving villages which have been practicing the trade for more than a century.
Tonight, be treated to a water puppet show, a performing art unique to Vietnam.
DAY 03: Hanoi - Halong Bay (B / L / D)
This morning, drive about 3 hours through rustic Vietnamese countryside to Halong Bay, one of the 5 UNESCO World Heritage sites. With hundreds of giant limestone peaks jutting out of the water at the Bay of Tonkins – it is indeed an impressive sight.
In the afternoon, take a cruise on the bay with seafood lunch on board. Spend the night on board Ginger or Jasmine cruise.
DAY 04: Halong Bay - Hanoi (B / L)
Continue cruising along Halong Bay and drive back to Hanoi in the afternoon. Check into your hotel and the rest of the day is free at leisure.
DAY 05: Hanoi – Departure (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Depending on your flight you may have sometime for some more shopping. Then we will transfer you to the airport for your flight home.
Melia Hotel: a 4-star modern hotel located right in the city centre (www.solmelia.com)
Hilton Hanoi Opera hotel: a 5 star hotel standing side by side the French architectural Hanoi Opera Theatre and within walking distance to the Old Quarter. (www.hilton.com)
Sofitel Metropole: a deluxe boutique hotel in an old French colonial building right in the heart of town (www.accorhotels-asia.com)
In Halong Bay:
Jasmine Junkboat: Fitted out in the 1930’s Indochina style, this is the newest junkboat featuring 21 spacious cabins, nicely appointed with modern amenities and furnishing. Activities include kayaking, tai-chi lessons, treks to nearby caves and more. (www.discoveryhalong.com)
PRICES PER PERSON:
- These prices are based on min. two adults or two adults and two children (under 12 years old) traveling together.
- The prices stated can only be indicative and may be adjusted once we know your date of travel, number in your party and if you have any other specific requirements.
- This itinerary is based on using Singapore Airlines and Silk Air or Vietnam Airlines for the international routing. We are able to book onto budget carriers or other airlines if you wish.
Using Vietnam Airlines
- Hotel accommodation as stated with daily breakfast, child with extra bed;
- Meals as stated;
- Tours and transfers as indicated with English speaking guide in private air-con
vehicle and including all entrance fees
- Airport taxes, war risk insurance and fuel surcharges;
- Visa & visa tamping fee;
- Travel insurance;
- Beverages during lunches and dinners unless otherwise stated
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Personal and other expenses not stated in the itinerary.